17 July 2011

SpongeBob Birthday Cake

I made this Spongebob Cake for my son's 7th Birthday Party. He wanted SpongeBob with his Pineapple House, his pet snail Gary and his friends Patrick Star and Squidward Tenticles. I decided to make the whole scene into a birthday celebration, with little party hats, cupcakes, cake and party blowers.

I decided to add a bit of irony and let Squidward jump out of a birthday cake. I also made Plankton who is seen running away from the party with a Krabby Patty.

It took me 35 long hours to complete the cake, but at the end it was worth it, just for the look on my son's face!

SpongeBob and Friends Birthday Cake





































The square cake is a Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream icing and covered with fondant. The pineapple house is a Vanilla Cake with Coconut Buttercream icing and covered with fondant. I baked it in a giant muffin pan and then sculpted it into a pineapple.


VANILLA CAKE

2 1/2 cups (625ml) Self Raising Flour
2 cups (500ml) Sugar
4 large Eggs
1 cup (250ml) Milk
1/4 cup (65ml) Vegetable Oil
1 tsp (5ml) Pure Vanilla Extract

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Mix the eggs and sugar together till thick.
Add the flour, milk, oil and vanilla
Beat till smooth and creamy. Pour into two prepared round cake tins (20cm)

Bake for 30-40 mins. It is done when a test pin comes out clean.

LET THE CAKE COOL COMPLETELY

VANILLA BUTTERCREAM ICING

2 cups (500ml) Icing Sugar
125g Unslated Soft Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract

COCONUT BUTTERCREAM ICING

2 cups (500ml) Icing Sugar
125g Unslated Soft Butter
1 tsp Coconut extract
You can add a tbsp schreded coconut

All figurines are hand sculpted and totally edible.

 

SpongeBob with fondant

To set the party mood I made Spongebob with a funky party hat and a plate of yummy cupcakes.



SpongeBob's Pineapple house from fondant




Patrick made with fondant

Instead of giving Patrick a party hat, I decided to put a dripping ice cream cone on his head. If you watch Spongebob, you will know why ;) I thought this just added to his personality.


Squidward made with fondant


Squidward jumping out of a birthday cake, now isn't that something! I thought it would be a funny twist. The cake was made with covering a small round plastic container with fondant. Let dry. If you want this to be edible, remove the container. I decorated the cake with royal icing, which basically dries instantly and hard!















Gary the snail made from fondant
Gary the Snail
I made a little bowl for Gary, so he can have his piece of cake too!  


Plankton with Krabby Patty

Plankton with Krabby Patty and Jelly fish


I just love Plankton, so I decided to invite him to the party, little did I know he was going to run away with a Kraby Patty! Maybe the jellyfish stung him on his way out....anyway we all know Plankton is 1% evil and 99% hot gas :) so he might still return the patty!

I must say I really enjoyed creating the cake, it was hard work but it was worth it in the end.



1 comment:

  1. This is another testimony on how Chief Dr Lucky cured my HIV disease. Do you need a cure for your HIV disease? Do you want to be cured from your cancer disease? Or you want to be free from any type of disease. Kindly visit https://chiefdrluckyherbaltherapy.wordpress.com/ . He just cured my HIV disease and I’m very grateful to him, he is the only herbalist that can cure you.
    WhatsApp number : +2348132777335
    Via Email : chiefdrlucky@gmail.com
    Thank you all for reading,
    God bless"

    ReplyDelete